American Statistical Association
New York City
Metropolitan Area Chapter
2008 Statistical Poster Competition
POSTER COMPETITION CONTEST RULES
A separate entry form must be completed and paper clipped to each poster.
Please read these rules carefully.
For those in the K-3 category, there is no restriction on the size of the team; it may be as large as the entire class. For other grade categories, the team may have up to 4 students. For teams with members from different grades, the highest grade determines the entry category.
- Posters must measure between 18 and 24 inches high and 24 and 30 inches wide. Any layers of paper on posters must be affixed securely. Any weight paper is permitted.
- Posters must be the original design and creation of the entrants themselves. Computer graphics may be used.
- Subject matter is the choice of the participant(s) or their classmates. Posters must be the original design and creation of the entrant(s).
- An example of the original data, brief descriptions of method of collection and purpose of the experiment must be taped to the back of the poster.
- Cite references for published data. Do not show data tables on the front of the poster; reading off numbers is not the point of the display.
- Paper clip (not glue or staple) the entry form to the front of each poster.
- Be sure the poster itself gives no information that identifies the team or school.
- Students may work individually or in teams.
In submitting a poster, students agree that the poster may be displayed at the ASA's Joint Statistical Meetings, featured in its publications, and posted on the ASA or NYC Chapter website.
- Except for the K-3 category, more than one graph is required.
All entries become the property of the sponsors and cannot be returned.
Poster Competition Overview
Poster Competition Entry Form
Guidance on Poster Construction
Poster Competition Entry Rules and Evaluation Methods
Letter to Schools and Teachers
Please feel free to forward this letter to mathematics teachers
in New York City (Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island).
If you would like to be on the poster competition mailing list,
would like additional information about the competition, or have any questions,
please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home Page |
Chapter News |
Chapter Officers |
Other Metro Area Events |
ASA National Home Page |
Links To Other Websites
NYC ASA Chapter Constitution |
NYC ASA Chapter By-Laws
Page last modified on January 1, 2010
Copyright © 1998-2010 by New York City Metropolitan Area Chapter of the ASA
Designed and maintained by Cynthia Scherer
Send questions or comments to email@example.com